Pkmn: World of Chaos Ep 8 Pkmn: World of Chaos Ep 8

I quit playing Pokemon around the 3rd generation, so I'll try and tackle the performance.

the story is nice, the battles are fun, but when it came to some sprite close-ups I notice some problems. When Teejay sat down with Gardevoir his blinking doesn't actually look right, some of the white parts of his eye can still be seen when he closes his eyes as well lights on his face that should be shaded. The pixels seem different in size on sprites as well, try 2x2, 4x4, or even a 8x8 trick on them with the sizes (ex. if sprite 34x56, make it twice as big for a final outcome of 68x112). Some shading on plain sections of your character, especially his clothing, would help a lot to (Look at Gardevoir's pallet, she's red, green and white but they put a range of color on her to give her depth).

Lastly, I don't mean to make fun of your acting, but you sound so monotone. Your recording is good but I don't get an interest out your character. The only part that caught my attention was around the end where you get mad. Try to get into the character's mind during the scene that fits the moment; you may know the story, but your character is learning about the situation (add pauses between words to show that their thinking, lower your tone during a sentence to show sorrow).

The story is good, but delivery is what gets an audience's attention.

I feel like I left something out... oh yes.
Amereep used Review!

teejay-number13 responds:

Thanks for the advice. I know a lot about working with sprites, including how to properly resize them to prevent distortion, though sometimes it doesn't always turn out perfect. The sprites I used for Gardevoir's close-up had a much higher resolution originally then the one I used for Teejay. So his didn't have the same range of colors and shading to add depth and such. I'll fix that next time because I'm working on getting better at art myself including shading.

As for the voice acting, I'm trying to improve myself but my character is supposed to be mellow and not show a lot of emotion normally. That may not make a good personality for a main character in your opinion, but I think it makes a nice switch from the same old tired main character archetypes we usually see. Delivery is important, but I personally can't stand characters that only operate with extreme emotions.

Mario and the Penguin Mario and the Penguin

Okay, I'll admit it, I did the same thing to all the time (why I did it I don't know, but I did). You did a wonderful job animating and a decent job drawing. ZStriefel also did a great job at getting the songs as well (it still kept that mario feel to it). In the end, it didn't make me laugh but it did leave an impression on me.

Dr. Mario with Lyrics Dr. Mario with Lyrics

Glad to see somebody finally made words to this.

The animation is good and the jokes are funny too but the one I wish is that I knew all the symptoms are for all of these sicknesses.

Idle Dungeon Master Idle Dungeon Master

A game where you control a dungeon and summon monsters through assortment of rooms (gambling, a chicken for every meal, and a training facility with spinning pillars that hold spike balls chained to it), just to conquer the overland.

I smile on the fact that you're a Dungeon Keeper player.

A Sweet Typing Thrill A Sweet Typing Thrill

I find that the first paragraph for the Assimilation puzzle very ironic. When playing the previous game to this, I took some word or an idea and went to google to find a word that might fit the answer. After many trial and error, I would eventually find an answer and feel all the strain on my brain being rushed out and leaving me feel refreshed, it was kind of rewarding.

This game is no different. It has challenging puzzles that takes time to solve and it gives the same rewarding sensation. But as I sit here for the last five hours with the Assimilation puzzle in front of me, I began to notice at how surprisingly true that last sentience is.

These puzzles are definitely more challenging and (judging from what I've noticed and your theme for the game) elaborate.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

As for the assimilation puzzle, you've already used the keys needed to unlock the door. This door has two locks, so you'll need both keys ;)

Btw, if you or anyone else needs hints, I think absoluteDETH is fairly happy to help if you PM him :)
(You can PM me too, ofc, but I tend to be busy every now and then).

Google is definitely a useful tool, and is even recommended for beating the games :)

I believe that the more difficulty one has had with a certain puzzle, the more rewarding it probably is when one solves it. That's what I hope, at least x'D

I think that this second game is indeed more challenging, but it seems to be well received thus far! :D

Thank you for playing, and for leaving your thoughts :3

Analytical Expedition Analytical Expedition

It could use a bit more work.

The fights were a bit bizarre, but understandable after a few rounds of trial and error. The platforming can be very frustrating after the fourth boss as I found myself sliding down the floating slopes and apparently couldn't jump or double jump back on before my plunge.

I'll be honest, I wanted to play through this game only to hear the music. I couldn't finish the game (so I don't know if you added credits to it or not), but it would be nice to know the music source of the bosses.

IRGS responds:

The credits are at the end, maybe i'll put a secret on the control menu so that you can access it directly, maybe not ;)

Final Hours Remix Final Hours Remix

I was expecting a remix of the same dreaded feeling you get from the game and for a minute I thouht I was right untill I was given a new twist on an old tune. The remix (at least in my eyes... err ears) is a new opening for people to try and tackle for this song. It still gives that classic feeling of fear with the bell and a feeling of techno (like the moon suddenly became a disco ball or somethng). To be honest, I was kinda disappointed somewhere half-way through the song because I was expecting more of a "get the finish line in time" type of song (where the song gets more intense and faster), but in any case I think you did a great job.

ATProductions responds:

I tried to keep the song as techno/trance as possible, so I tried to maintain a certain tempo and flow. I tried adding more instruments and speeding the whole thing up at the end but it ended up being too chaotic... Thank you for your comprehensive comment!

The Lost woods Mixeg The Lost woods Mixeg

You made nothing.

This is from "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Re-Arranged Album"

CT - World Revolution CT - World Revolution

Is it over?

At the end of the song, it sounds like it's going to the final stage of Larvos. Does that mean you are going to make the "Last Battle" music?

CandySoup responds:

I'm finishing in in the next hour ;)

Balden Balden

hmm...

The first thing I get from looking at this guy is that heâEUTMs an aristocrat. I canâEUTMt see his crazy, mad personality which could be a good thing of showing a âEUoeHe canâEUTMt be that bad of a guyâEU look to the other characters. I do like the way you made him able to use both physical and magical abilities. All in all, I think you made a cunning villain that should be a force to recon with.

I'm all eyes I'm all eyes

HOLY O_o !!!

That is some great detail with the shading and brightness.